Want to learn more
For in-depth information on a range of neuromuscular conditions, please download one of the “fact sheets” listed below. Muscular Dystrophy South
The fact sheets have been adapted from material originally prepared by the Muscular Dystrophy Association of the United States of America with their kind permission. We are grateful to them for providing this valuable and informative material. Please click here if you would like to visit the Muscular Dystrophy Association of the United States.
The fact sheets can be read using Adobe Reader, available at www.adobe.com
If you are unable to find what you are looking for please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that these Fact sheets are currently under review.
- also known as Hereditary & Motor Sensory Neuropathy (HMSN)
- and also as Peroneal Muscular Atrophy
- What is a genetic disorder?
- How can genetic testing and counselling help?
- How are genetic disorders inherited?
- What are the patterns of inheritance for neuromuscular conditions?
- What is ‘mitochondrial inheritance’?
- Dermatomyositis (DM)
- Polymyositis (PM)
- Inclusion-Body Myositis (IBM)
- Limb-Girdle Muscular Dystrophy
- Facioscapulohumeral Muscular Dystrophy
- Myotonic Muscular Dystrophy
- Ophthalmoplegic Muscular Dystrophy
- Distal Muscular Dystrophy
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
- Progressive Muscular Atrophy
- Progressive Bulbar Palsy
- Myasthenia Gravis (MG)
- Lambert-Eaton Myasthenic Syndrome (LES)
- Congenital Myasthenic Syndrome (CMS)
- Myotonia Congenita (Thomsen’s disease and Becker type)
- Paramyotonia Congenita (Eulenberg’s disease)
- Periodic Paralysis (hyperkalaemic, hypokalaemic, normokalemic)
- Central Core Disease
- Nemaline Myopathy (Rod Body Disease)
- Myotubular Myopathy (Centronuclear Myopathy)
- Congenital Muscular Dystrophy (CMD)
- Emery-Dreifuss Muscular Dystrophy (EDMD)
- Oculopharyngeal Muscular Dystrophies (OPMD)
- SMN-Related SMA
- Non-SMN SMA
- Spinal-Bulbar Muscular Atrophy