Put your muscles behind …….. muscular dystrophy
At Muscular Dystrophy South Australia (MDSA), we always like to welcome new volunteers. With the generous support of volunteers MDSA can continue to provide much needed services for people with Muscular Dystrophy and your efforts are greatly appreciated. We offer a diverse range of volunteer tasks, all of which include working as part of a fun and cheerful team and access to training and skill development.
What are the sorts of jobs that volunteers do at the Association?
Badge Day Volunteers assist in our street appeal by collecting donations from the public and lifting the profile of the Association.
Lottery Ticket Volunteers assist paid staff to sell lottery tickets. The funds raised help the Association deliver vital services to our members.
Maintenance Person Volunteer provides maintenance support to the Association including minor maintenance and repair jobs, coordination of our storeroom and the handling of stock.
Reception Assistant Volunteers staff the front counter of the Association and perform some reception duties. They are the first point of contact to people accessing the Association.
Office Assistant Volunteers carry out a variety of tasks which assist with basic office and administrative tasks including helping with large mail outs and preparing fundraising materials.
Special Events Volunteers assist with the development and implementation of special events that the Association is involved with. Some of the tasks they help with include BBQs, ushering, judging and staffing information stalls.
What can Volunteers expect from the MDSA?
- Commitment to training;
- Great environment;
- To be placed in a suitable position and be given a written job description;
- To receive any training necessary to do the job well;
- To receive appropriate guidance and supervision;
- To be kept informed;
- To be treated as a co-worker with a designated place of work;
- To be regarded as a person with individuality and value;
- To be given a selection of tasks and not be penalised if you choose not to perform some of them;
- To be reimbursed for agreed out of pocket expenses and
- To be covered by appropriate insurance.
What does the MDSA expect from its Volunteers?
- To be reliable, conscientious and punctual in performing your work;
- To call in plenty of time if you re unable to fulfil a commitment;
- To discuss questions or problems with the person in charge and
- To attend training and orientation training sessions.
New Volunteer Opportunities
We are currently recruiting volunteers for a new project. This involves completing a small training course to become a qualified trainer and then delivering specialised training sessions to Association members. All training is provided by the Association.
Please click on the following links for more information regarding becoming a volunteer.
If you have any questions about volunteering at the Muscular Dystrophy South Australia please contact the Volunteer Coordinator Janice Phillips on 08 8234 5266 or email email@example.com
You really can make a difference!