- Hydrotherapy – 2 x 1 hour sessions are held at the Women’s & Children’s Hospital each Thursday, with the assistance of a neurophysiotherapists and 3-5 attendants on dry land and in the pool
- Physiotherapy – 1 free appointment per year is offered to clients as required. Clients are referred to 1 of 3 physiotherapists who have extensive experience in their field and a long and successful working relationship with MDSA.
- Speech Therapy – A speech therapist is available to see clients to address swallowing and choking issues. Appointments are available once a month.
- Support Groups – Presently, MDSA holds a well attended Spinal Cerebellar Ataxia (SCA) Support Group on the 2nd Wednesday of each month. Other support groups can be organised if there is sufficient interest.
Disorder Dinners – MDSA organises various disorder dinners throughout the year – a great chance for clients, family and friends to meet and share experiences.
- Grown-Up Getaway – MDSA holds a “getaway” weekend for adult clients once per year. In March 2010 a group of clients & their carers headed to the Wallaroo North Caravan Park for 2 nights – they enjoyed time at the beach, meals at local eateries and exploring local towns.
- Carers Retreat – MDSA organises a well earned weekend away or pamper day for carer’s of people with neuromuscular disorders. They can enjoy time with other carers, share experiences and offer each other support and enjoy some pampering (massages, meals etc)
- Christmas Party – In late November each year, MDSA celebrates the festive season with great food, friendship and frivolity, a visit from Santa and PRESENTS for the younger clients. Clients, carers, volunteers, MDSA staff and friends of MDSA are all welcome.